Pages - Menu

Thursday, March 21, 2013

DIY Bracelets

DIY Bracelets

There are tons of good tutorials for bracelets around, so I finally forced myself to sit down and make a few. Actually, I made the studded leather bracelet a while ago, but I didn't secure the studs strongly enough so I had to go back and fix it.


iphone 2013 025


It seems like whenever I'm reading tutorials the instructions are always prefaced by, "This is so easy! You probably have most of this stuff already!" and then they list a bunch of thoroughly random crafting supplies that I definitely do not have in stock. (This is also true of recipes). However, for the rhinestone bracelet I actually did just use random things I had lying around. I didn't want to trim the rhinestones because it was cut into a pretty short piece as it was, but it was too long to be closed properly, hence the weird knot. It does the job. The leather (suede) bracelet did require actually purchasing supplies, but it was really easy. I'm missing a proper closure on that one too, but it works for now.


Sources:


Rhinestone bracelet


Stud wrap bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment